No really, I would like to thank Sue from Deerey Me who found my little blog and nominated me for the Liebster Award. She sews and makes all sorts of beautiful things. You should definitely check out her blog. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who are up-and-coming in the blogosphere and involves answering 10 questions from the person who nominated you, nominating 10 blogs yourself and then asking them 10 questions.
It is a little like homework but the good kind that you are excited to do. (Ok my nerd roots are showing as I type that aren’t they?) Not the kind that your mom makes you do before you can watch TV. So without further ado here are the questions assigned to me.
1. why do you blog?
I started blogging when we made the big move from the suburbs of Charleston, SC to a very rural part of the upstate. It was quite a culture shock and I started this blog thinking it would help me feel more connected to the outside world. Over time and after ignoring the blog for a year or so, I realized that I should work to write a blog like those I like to read. This helped me to find a new direction for the blog and I am really enjoying it now.
2. what is your greatest ambition?
Wow! A big question… Right now more than anything, it is to be a good mom to my kids. Eventually, I would love to be able to find a way to start a business and bring in some income using the resources we have out here. Still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up I guess!
3. who inspires you?
My kids. They both have such great senses of adventure and bravery when it comes to trying new things. They really make me look at the world differently.
4. if you could swap places with anyone, who would it be?
A manager at Disney World. It would be fun to see behind the scenes and be able to do little things to make someone’s vacation even more magical. But I would only want to swap for a few days. Mostly I am pretty happy being me!
5. if the world was set to blow up three weeks on Tuesday, what would you want to do with your remaining time?
Ummm…. hug my family, pray, eat Chocolate and cheese…. lots of chocolate and cheese. Probably would want a lot of wine to go with that!
6. what is your greatest fear?
I have had to get over a lot of them living out here in the country. I am pretty good with spiders now and working on getting over a fear of guns. Snakes still make me say ick though!
7. which five people (alive now or magically brought back to life) would you choose to join you for afternoon tea at the Ritz?
Hmm… I am in a Children’s literature mood today so maybe Laura Ingalls Wilder, L. M. Montgomery, Dr. Suess, Samuel Clemens, oh and Walt Disney.
8. what advice would you give your younger self?
Be patient and be brave
9. what do you want to be doing this time next year?
Mostly what we are doing this year. Teaching my kids, sewing, planning a garden. Next year we will deciding on adding to our chicken flock. Maybe a few different kinds and ordering at least some new queens for our bee hives.
10. what is you favourite food?
Hmmm… chocolate cake and I just found a new favorite recipe. It is here if you want to try it!
Now for my nominations, I enjoyed looking through my feedly reader to see what smaller blogs I follow. I also found a few new fun small blogs and added them during my search today. Not all blogs share their follower numbers so I did my best but I suspect a few aren’t all that small. These are all such great blogs they should have more than 200 followers!
Here is my list:
Ugga Bear Cottage
A. D. Lynn = Sew to Fit
Penny Dog Patchwork
Simply Made Kitchen and Crafts
Get My Stich On
always time to procraftinate
And for your homework… If you accept the nomination here is your assignment. Write a post doing these things:
1. thank the person who nominated you (me!) and link back to their blog in your post.
2. answer the 10 questions i give you (they’re slightly different than the ones i just answered).
3. nominate 10 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers and let them know about their nomination via a comment or message or something similar.
4. come up with 10 more questions for your nominees to answer.
Edited because my 10 questions disappeared the first time! Thanks so much to Linda for helping me figure it out.
And for my 10 questions:
1. Why do you blog?
2. Who is one person who can always make you smile and why?
3. If you could go anywhere for a week where would you go?
4. What is the best book you read recently?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What would you eat at your perfect meal?
7. What is the most challenging part of your creative process?
8. Describe yourself in 3 words.
9. If you could have one super power what would it be?
10. Do you have any pets? What kinds?